Thursday, January 15, 2009

DAMN! That baby is getting big!

Ok so here is the story to my title. So I have some girls in my class who love that I have a baby in my tummy, and they are always giving me and the baby hugs, and drawing pictures of me (with a big circle at my stomach) in their writing journals. So on tuesday one of the girls came up and was touching my belly and I said "he is growing bigger huh?" well right then her friend looked over (keep in mind that this is a five year old) and said "DAMN! that baby is getting big! He better come out soon!" I had to just walk away so she wouldn't see me laughing, I thought it was the funniest comment ever! She had the prefect context and tone, she said it with so much expression and attitude- it was awesome. I coudn't even tell her that she shouldn't say that would in Kindergarten, it was too funny! These kids definately keep me on my toes and there is never a dull moment in Mrs. Ames class!

5 comments:

paigernate said...

that cracks me up! you need to get your book of "kids say the darnedest things going"!!! i can't wait to hear what she'll say when you are like 8 months prego :)

Trent and Lindsie said...

that is hilarious! How cute. Like Paige said, can't wait till that baby actually does get big!

Brett and Andrea Robinson said...

I love it! I'm glad you wrote it down so that you won't forget it. :)

juels said...

She just says it like she sees it! Pretty funny!!

Wayne said...

that baby must have some GOOD genes! lol.
Wendover was sweet! When are we going again!?